Terms & Conditions - Ticket Competition
HOW TO ENTER
1. Entrants must spend a minimum of £50 on products in store to qualify for the Promotion. There
is no additional cost over the retail price of the product(s) to enter the Promotion.
2. This Promotion starts at 10.00 on 6 March 2014 and entries close at 17.00 on 15 May 2014
(Promotion Period). Entries received before or after the Promotion Period will not be
3. To enter go to the RWC 2015 Official Store, Unit 10, The Market Building, Covent Garden,
London WC2E 8RA, make a purchase of more than £50, answer the question and complete
the physical entry form in-store.
4. You will then be entered into the competition.
5. Entry into this Promotion deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
6. This Promotion is only open to individuals who:
(a) are resident in the UK
(b) are 18 years or older at the start of the Promotion Period.
(c) are not employees or contractors of the Promoter, RWCL, the International Rugby Boardor ER2015 or any of their related corporations or any of their agencies associated with this Promotion;
(d) are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by
adoption) of such an employee or contractor, or anyone else professionally connected
with this Promotion; and
(e) are not a director, shareholder, officer, employee, contractor or agent of any Prize
supplier or retailer participating in the Promotion.
PRIZE is two tickets to a Rugby World Cup 2015 quarter-final match of the Winner’s choosing.
1. The Winner will be notified in person, by email or telephone that they have won by 2nd June
2014, by the Promoter. The Winner will be chosen at random from all entries submitted during the
Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Winner then must notify the Promoter of the quarter-final match desired, plus any special
needs or requirements he/she or the Winner’s companion has that may impact on the Winner or
the companion’s redemption of the Prize (for example, whether wheelchair access to a stadium is
3. The Promoter reserves the right to nominate an alternate Winner if the Promoter determines in its
sole discretion that the Winner does not comply with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or
where the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe the Winner will not comply with these
Terms and Conditions of Entry. The Winner has 28 days to respond to the notification from the
Promoter that they have won the Prize, after which time the Promoter has the discretion to redraw
and award the Prize to another Winner chosen at random from all entries submitted during the
4. If the Winner is unable to take the Prize, due to any illness or personal circumstance beyond the
Winner’s or travel companion’s control, the Winner must immediately notify the Promoter. The
Promoter may, at its sole discretion, allow the Winner to nominate another person to whom the
Prize can be transferred to and the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to transfer the
Prize accordingly. The Promoter will not be liable if any part of the Prize that is unable to be
transferred to the person nominated by the Winner.
5. All Rugby World Cup 2015 tickets are issued subject to the RWC 2015 Ticket General Terms and
Conditions ("Ticket Conditions") which apply to the possession and use of Tickets. Anyone
taking possession of a Ticket, or using or attempting to use a Ticket, accepts and agrees
to comply with the Ticket Conditions. A full copy of the Ticket Conditions is available at
6. Tickets are non-transferable except as set out in the Ticket Conditions. Tickets cannot be used for
commercial or promotional purposes or resold. The Winner will be required to give written
confirmation to ER2015 and RWCL (in a form reasonably required by ER2015 and RWCL)
confirming his/her acceptance of the RWC 2015 Ticket Conditions. The Winner agrees to abide
by the terms and conditions of entry of the relevant stadium to which their Prize relates.
7. The Promoter will make the Prize available for collection by the Winner on or before 18
8. If a Winner loses the Prize tickets, they will not be given replacements.
9. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
10. Prior to being declared a Winner of a Prize, the person will be required to show proof of identity,
for example, provide a copy of their passport or driver’s licence;
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's
identity, age, city/town of residence and place of employment) and to disqualify any
entrant/claimant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its
rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
13. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. If for any reason the administration, security, fairness, integrity, conduct or operation of this
Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the reasonable control of
the Promoter (including but not limited to act of God; any act of a public enemy, war, civil unrest,
or act of military authority; fire, flood, earthquake, landslide, or other elements of nature; any
strike, lockout or other labour dispute; any act of a third party engaged in terrorist activity orsabotage; vandalism; tampering; power failures; computer bugs or viruses; unauthorised intervention; fraud or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. to disqualify any entrant; and/or
b. as appropriate, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel; or recommence this Promotion
(including withholding any Prize).
15. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter any:
a. date of any rugby match specified in these Terms and Conditions is changed or any
rugby match is indefinitely postponed or cancelled;
b. rugby match is to be moved from any stadium or host city specified in these Terms and
c. team specified in these Terms and Conditions withdraws, defaults or is disqualified from
Rugby World Cup 2015 or is unable to play any match specified in these Terms and
the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to make alternative arrangements to ensure that
the Winner receives an experience similar to the original Prize that he or she had won.
16. Any person suspected of cheating, in the opinion of the Promoter and otherwise fraudulently
falsifying data or acting in any way fraudulent, in the opinion of the Promoter, will be removed
from this Promotion and damages may be sought.
17. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries,
incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, for system failures at the handling house,
or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telecommunications network, computer
equipment, software, inability to access any telecommunications network, or any other error or
malfunction. Neither can the Promoter be held responsible for the failure to fulfil the obligations of
any of the third parties involved in this Promotion, although the Promoter will always endeavour to
minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
18. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers,
directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives,
advertising and promotional agencies) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any
personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Promotion, including, but not limited to,
where attributable to any of the following:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
c. any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not
after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of
d. any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry;
e. any tax liability incurred by a Winner; or
f. use of a Prize.
19. All Entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by the Promoter for itself
and on trust for RWCL and used in the future in accordance with the policy set out on
http://www.rwcshop.com/Site_Information/Privacy_&_Security_Policy.htm and these Terms and
Conditions unless otherwise directed by entrants at the time of entry. Please read this policy to
understand how we may use your data and what your rights are.
20. By entering, Entrants agree:
a. to participate in reasonable publicity if they win including use of their name and image in
online publicity, emails, or other print or social media; and
b. that their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Promoter,
ER2015 and/or RWCL for administration purposes and for marketing and sending of
other special offers. Copyright in the completed Entry form is owned by the Promoter.
21. The Promoter reserves its right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason.
You agree that you will be bound by such changes and that you will not hold the Promoter liable
for any losses resulting from any such changes.
22. These Terms and Conditions of Entry are governed by, construed in accordance with, the laws of
England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of
England and Wales
23. For further assistance or queries regarding this Promotion please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Sportfolio Europe LP, Twickenham Trading Estate, Unit 5,
Rugby Road, Twickenham, London TW1 1DQ.
24. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION
ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE
THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF
CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT
IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE,
INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
25. There is a maximum of one entry per £50 purchase.
26. The winner of any competition which includes attending a specific venue is responsible for their
own travel and accommodation arrangements at their own cost unless stated otherwise.
27. No cash or other alternative is available, although if, due to unforeseen circumstances, a stated
prize is no longer available, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar or equivalent
28. The Promoter may cancel or amend any prize draw or competition, or these Terms and
Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the prize draw or
competition information or these Terms and Conditions.
29. The Promoter makes no warranties, representations or gives any undertakings, whether express,
implied or statutory, including without limitation, as to merchantability, non-infringement or fitness
for a particular purpose in relation to any prize. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or expense resulting from any delay in delivering prizes